Thursday, April 10, 2014

Critical Thinking Post #1

Welcome to my Blog ...
 

             My name is Lissett Aviles and this is my last semester in LaGuardia Community College. My major is Liberal Arts: Social Science and Humanities. During my high school years, I enter a program called Early College for high school students to take college courses during their high school years. I decided to stay in LaGuardia after I graduate high school because I only need to take a few more courses. After I graduate LaGuardia, I want to go to SUNY College at Brockport and move to Long Island. I am planning to study early childhood education and become a bilingual elementary teacher.
            Science and humanities are two very different topics and I don’t know which one is better to learn more about. I think I am more of a humanities person than a science person. Although I do love to learn about science but sometimes, it could get a little bit complicated. When I took philosophy and fundamental communication, at one point, we talk about technology and the future with humanities. It seems that people now have a negative opinion on technology taking over and making the future all dark while when technology first came out, people thought of a brighter future. Two movie animations show this concept. A Disney movie Meet the Robinsons, is a animated film where a boy goes to the future and sees how colorful the world is because of the advance technology. A year later, Disney did another film called WALL-E but this shows on how technology took over the world and people didn't much care on how the earth was left like. I feel humans should be more careful with technology in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment